Thursday, October 15, 2009

Status Quo

~
Recent 'progress'? in a nutshell:

Had my regularly scheduled Remicade on 10/6.

Had my regularly scheduled allergic reaction to said Remicade exactly 1 hour and 10 minutes later.

Had my oh-so-wonderful-gift-from-God-Nurse by my side the whole time.

The reaction was a 2 out of 10.

I think this had a lot to do with the fact that I had been on steroids for a whole month prior, due to our attempt to obliterate my sinusitis, ear infection, bronchitis, and asthma that kicked up out of nowhere.

I was on two oral antibiotics, one antibiotic injection, and three rounds of prednisone.

I had exactly 3 weeks to get better before my next Remicade, and guess what?

We did it.

The 'team'.

We got me better enough to have the Remicade.

After the Remicade, I continued to 'react' for 72 more hours.

This is becoming my new normal.

So now, when I have a Remicade infusion, I can't just block out one day that week.

I have to block out three.

Or four.

Or however long it takes for my body to stop attempting to reject the medicine that actually makes me pretty 'normal' the rest of the times.

Oh yeah, and we added a hematologist to my repertoire.

You know, just because I didn't have one.

Ha!

Considering that I have to have my blood drawn every quarter to test my liver function due to the Remicade, Dr. Primary (the sage Dr. Primary that he is), thought it might be a good idea to have a blood guy on board.

Fine by me!

So I go to see blood guy.

I like blood guy!

I can get blood drawn in blood guy's office, and get the results IMMEDIATELY!

Why haven't we thought of this BEFORE?????

Right.

So, after meeting Blood Guy, Blood Guy tells me he is SHOCKED at the state of my liver.

In a good way.

Says he can't believe I've been on Remicade for as long as I have, at the dosages that I have, and taken all the other drugs that I have, and have such a perfectly clean as a baby's liver.

OH PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!

Wonderful news!

YES!

I can actually go to a doctor, and there NOT BE A PROBLEM!

WOOHOO!

And.....

Blood Guy says he doesn't think I need B12, or Iron, or Calcium at this time.

He wants to 'wait and see'.

I am totally cool with that.

Loving Blood Guy.

Loving my TEAM!

My bowels are doing pretty good. (Thank you, Remicade).

My pain is being managed well. (Thank you, Dr. Pain).

My primary doctor is seeing me monthly and I have developed quite a nice relationship with him as well as his staff (Thank you, Dr. Primary).

I cannot complain right now.

Not this month.

There is a lot of emotional stress going on in my family and extended family right now, and Team Fallon definitely needs your prayers, but I have not seen this affect my Crohn's in any way, not so far anyhow.

(No, Billy Two Swords and I are not having problems -- everyone always assumes THAT!).

I will post more details about the prayer needs of my family later, when we get some more information, but suffice it to say, my dear, sweet, husband is going through the most difficult year of his life. And HE needs your prayers.

But thankfully, (that GOD guy again!) my health is stable enough at the moment that I am able to provide him with whatever he needs, whenever he needs it.

And to that, all I can say is:

AMEN.

Next Remicade treatment - 11/3.

Until then.........to God be the Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment