Saturday, February 12, 2011

Today Was A Good Day

~

I took Jake to the dance last night.

I did okay.

I slept well.

We all slept in on a cold Saturday morning.

Billy asked me if I was still 'sick' (which translates to, do you still have uncontrollable diarrhea, or are you going to be laying in bed all day).

I replied, truthfully, that 'it' had stayed 'stopped' (meaning, no more diarrhea) since 230pm on Friday afternoon, but that I still had a lot of pain and was really, really sore.

I really wanted to go to Jake's baseball practice today (his new team has just gotten together, and the games don't start for a few weeks, but I have Little League in my blood, as I was one of the first girls to ever play baseball in Little League in Florida, yet another 'milestone' of mine), cuz I hadn't seen him play yet, and because the sun was gorgeous, even though it was pretty chilly.

And grocery shopping HAD to be done.

So.

It was MUTUALLY decided, that I would lie in bed and 'rest' until it was time to go to practice at 1pm. And that's what I did.

I started to get more diarrhea.

Keep in mind, I have had NOTHING to eat since Thursday at 6pm.

NOTHING but fluids.

I did NOT tell anyone.

I just took a few of my meds, not hippo-coma meds, just a few, hoping to get things 'under control', as I am clearly in the midst of a major flare here, and I so do NOT want to go to the hospital for more reasons than I can list, but #1 being, no insurance, #2 being, I hate my doctor, and #3 being, I don't want to contract yet another infection which has happened more times than I want to remember, and #4 being, I don't want to be away from, or worry, the kids.

I have a lot of motivation to get myself well, and I have all the oral medications 'possible' to do so.

I lost another three pounds when I weighed myself today - 21 pounds since 1/21. I'm not upset about 'that', but yes, it is quick, and yes, there is of course the obvious concern about my not eating.

But the rule is - you don't eat until it 'stops'. Or at the very least, 'slows down'.

And when you do start to eat again, it's the white diet.

The White Diet, you ask?

Yep. The White Diet.

I eat anything white - rice, pasta, chicken, bread, dairy, apples/applesauce, bananas - basically, carbs, carbs, carbs.

Stuff that is very easily digestible.

So when I do start eating again, it will be 'whitely'.

Anyway.

As I lay down, awaiting our departure time for baseball practice, the husband cracked the whip with the delinquents.

They were cleaning and decluttering and putting clothes away.

Thankfully, when it was time to go, it had 'stopped' again.

We went to practice.

NOTE - yeah, there was no anxiety or fear related to going to watch my son play baseball, as a certain individual has implied, ahem, insisted has been the case. I was THRILLED that I felt well enough to go.

And I sat in a chair on a beautiful February Florida day, and watched my boy get better and better with his skills.

After a most successful practice, the four of us went to Publix for a two-cart shoppping experience.

We're stocking up for the insurrection that my husband thinks is headed our way.

Whatever.

What REALLY matters is:

I made it through a busy day (a busy day on MY scale of busy-ness, anyway).

I did not disappoint a single member of my family today, including myself.

There were absolutely no harsh words or arguments within the marraige today.

At the end of the day, the groceries were put away, two frozen pizzas in the oven, two kids in their warm jammies, watching TV together for the first time in days.

The spouse is gearing up to watch the race. Heck, football is over, and now racing starts. No break!

I'm on the web, catching up on what's going on in the world. Still haven't eaten anything, but still not hungry, and still not feeling like I'm going to pass out or anything.

I know it sounds crazy, but I know my body, and I know this disease.

Today has been a good day.

I did what my body let me do, which conveniently, was exactly what I wanted to do.

Doesn't happen very often.

Especially lately.

Nor have we had a peaceful domestic day lately.

Or very often, for that matter.

Today was a good day.

~

No comments:

Post a Comment