Thursday, March 5, 2009

Miracle?

The Cimzia is working.

PRAISE
PRAISE
PRAISE GOD!!!!!

I had my second round of shots on Tuesday.

Side effect?

Exhaustion.

I felt like Rip Van Winkle.

Like I could sleep forever.

But.........

On Wednesday, I was up early, and full of energy, and had very little pain, and felt like a whole new person! I went and got my much needed hair cut and color, and started to fall asleep in the chair! Which is typical for some people, but highly unusual for me... Thankfully, I have a most supportive and accommodating husband, so I was able to come home and crash.

Today, I was filled with energy. None of the lethargy from yesterday.

In summation....no reaction to the injections this time (an improvement from the first treatment); just very tired for a day and a half (an improvement by a day), AND, I look great. Even I can tell that I look better.

We trudge on.........

A sidenote - I am getting my tubes tied on Monday. I don't want to, but I have to. As a condition of taking this drug. I cannot get pregnant. My battered and beaten body just can't do it again. And the drug is very potent. Because I am fiercely anti-abortion, I couldn't handle being faced with potential decisions that I can't even wrap my head around. So.......I'm taking matters into my own hands (with the loving support of Mr. Hurricane of course), and just getting it done. I am blessed with phenomenal, God-loving physicians, who communicate with each other, know me as a person, not just a patient, and seem to truly give a damn about me and my desire to live as long as possible to see my beautiful, miracle babies grow up.

So........it's not a big deal of a procedure, home in one day, no incisions, and the grandparents are here to help with the bambinos.........but........if you could take a few minutes of your day and say a little prayer for me and for us, I know that I would feel it.

Thanks again for your continued love and support.

It may be a few days before you hear from me again, but know that I'm still out here!

HH

No comments:

Post a Comment