Saturday, March 7, 2009

Predicament

It is difficult to explain Crohn's Disease to anyone.

It is nearly impossible to explain it to children.

But mine are trying to understand. The best that they can.

But immunosuppression?

They can't get their little brains around that one.

And now they both are sick.

And who do they want to take care of them?

Mama.

And who wants to take care of them?

Mama.

What have the doctors told me to do?

Stay away from sick people.

What am I doing?

Loving on my children, wiping their noses, hugging them, sleeping with them, and praying that I don't get sick.

And washing my hands eleventy thousand times a day.

I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing, as God wants me to do, and as the maternal instinct is directing me to do.

I can't worry about potentially getting a cold, when I'm already 'sick'.

God is just going to have to take care of the rest, as I take care of the little ones.

1 comment:

  1. Now that's a hard decision. Kudos to you - I would probably do the same thing.

    Here's hoping the little ones aren't sick for long.

    ReplyDelete