Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Lobster

Yesterday was Remicade day.

It went pretty smooth.

Had the reaction, Miracle Worker nurse was right there with the back-up meds, and I finished in record time - 4 1/2 hours!

And then I woke up this morning.

LITERALLY every part of my body is bright red, the color of a steamed lobster.

I have red sheer curtains in my dining room, and if I stood behind them, you wouldn't be able to see me.

That is how red I am. (okay, no redhead jokes now, that's not what I'm talking about!)

And, not only am I red, but I am scorching hot to the touch, but I have no fever.

Once again, I have hives on the palms of my hands, and the pseudo-electric current is slowly coursing through my body, but not like it does during the infusions.

When I woke up this morning, I could not move my arms or my legs.

But I took my time, and finally was able to shake them alive again.

I went ahead and medicated myself, called Miracle Worker Nurse so she could document the continued reaction for the file, and wholeheartedly agreed that I took the right meds, at the right dose, and to continue with them every four hours until the reaction goes away.

Suffice it to say, I will be dozing off very shortly.

And you thought this post was going to be about a scrumptious steamed lobster slathered in hot melted butter with a fresh baked loaf of French bread on the side?

Yeah, I wish it had been.

Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully it will all be worth it after these treatments are done. I remember your last bout with this treatment and it sounds a *little* better than last time. You were in so much agony, oh I remember that post. So take it easy for a while. I know you can't sit still but I am the Queen and I *demand* that you REST up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Queen.
    The treatments will never be done.
    I will be having them every four weeks for the rest of my life, until there is a cure.

    ReplyDelete