Tuesday, May 5, 2009

And God Said HA!

Hello friends.

All of you have been praying for me recently as I enter unchartered waters with my Crohn's Disease.

I am writing to let you know the latest information, as well as to ask you to continue to pray for me, Billy, Reilly, and Jake.

As most of you know, I have been experiencing a heightened state of disease the past 30 days, with symptoms that now include lymph node involvement, and a 'mass' on my kidney.

Today I had a digital capsule study, which was supposed to entail a 360 degree picture of my entire digestive tract.

My doctor phoned me an hour ago to inform me that in addition to having a significant exacerbation of my disease, I have an obstruction between my stomach and small intestine, and that the digital capsule got 'stuck'.

I will be having an abdominal x-ray in the morning to determine the extent of the blockage.

An emergency surgery to correct the obstruction is probable.

As you can imagine, we are obviously concerned and leery, but comforted in our faith, family, church, and friends.

We know that God is at the helm, and He will ultimately be glorified.

Thank you for your love, and the armor of protection that you have shielded us with.

Either Billy or myself, or someone from church will continue to keep you updated.

Humbly,

Heather

3 comments:

  1. you got it Heather, I will pray like mad for you and the crew. You amaze me, you really do. My email is dericson7773@tvcconnect.net if you need anything or want to talk-use it any time GF. (((((BIG OL HUGS))))) Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather,

    I found your blog through a blog I am already following. I too have Crohn's disease. I was diagnosed in 2005, but have not had to have surgery yet, thank the good Lord for that. I am currently trying the SCD diet (I have tried it many times before, it is very difficult) and it is working for me. It is a very strict diet that cuts out all processed sugars and flours. I have very painful fistulas and nothing has worked to close them, so I'm giving the diet a real try this time. Many, many fellow crohnies have had very good results from this diet. Actual "healing" of the intestines from CT scans. Let me know if you would like more info. or just search SCD on the Internet. It may be a life-saver!! My e-mail is j_vanblaricum@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallelujah - the capsule is out (and didn't require surgical removal)!!

    ReplyDelete