Thursday, May 21, 2009

Hope

Hello again, friends.

It is high time for me to thank all of you for your love, support, prayers, karma, uplifting words....we have felt them all, I promise you.

And for those of you who are getting tired of hearing the tribulations of Heather J., well, I am sorry.

I am getting tired of talking about them.

I am way too tired of living it.

Nobody wants it to go away more than I do.

But alas, it won't.

And more are wanting an update than telling me to shut my piehole, so here it goes.

Today we have hope.

We haven't had it in a very long time.

I have duodenal Crohn's Disease.

I knew that.

Not only do I have duodenal Crohn's Disease, but I have fistulizing Crohn's Disease.

Don't know what that is?

Look it up, or just trust me, it sucks.

I am in the .05% of a disease population of 1,000,000.

I have an incurable, chronic, debilitating illness that is extremely difficult to manage, to control, to diagnose, to maintain, to explain.

But I have a new team of doctors that is expanding by the day.

A fresh approach.

An out of the box way of thinking.

I have to regroup and accept some harsh realities, but I do not have to give up.

I will never be healthy.

I will never run a marathon.

But the reality I have today will not be my only reality.

I will never surrender.

To God be the glory.

And to Team Fallon - can't imagine three stronger warriors to be on my side.

No matter what the battle.

Faithfully,

HJF

No comments:

Post a Comment