Tuesday, December 14, 2010

....And I'm the Virgin Mary

So.

Have you ever said to someone, "Oh yeah? Well I have a Bridge in Brooklyn to sell you?"

Or........

"Yeah right! And I'm the VIRGIN MARY!"

Well.

Hi.

I'm the Virgin Mary.

Perhaps I should start at the beginning...........

So.

Gosh, this is so much harder than I thought it would be.

HA!

Brothuh!

YOU don't EVEN know!

Here's a simile of a phone message I left earlier today:

"Hi. Haven't talked to you in awhile, and sorry I only call when 'stuff' happens, but yeah, I kinda have another 'bomb' to drop on you. Ummmmmmmmm.

I'm pregnant.

And I promised my doctors I wouldn't have anymore babies.

And I had my tubes tied two years ago.

And I'm on methadone.

And a whole lotta other crap.

And I had my pieces/parts surgically deconstructed and reconstructed, to repair the damage that my oh-so-complicated disease and oh-so-complicated preganancies did to my oh-so-beaten-and-battered-and-broken body THREE years ago.

And I'm forty.

And most days I really struggle with getting out of bed every day.

And.

And.

And.

Oh.

Yeah.

And my husband and I have been 'completely' intimate

ONE

TIME

IN

THE

PAST

YEAR.

So, yeah, um, that's my message."

Hi.

I'm the Virgin Mary.

~

1 comment:

  1. Excuse my language but Holy Shit Mary. Wow. Umm, I don't even know what to say. I am shocked but I am sure not as shocked as you guys. Keep me updated and know I am praying for you. I am also praying for forgiveness for my language lol.

    ReplyDelete